Life Story Interview
Life story interview:
A digital video memoir of your loved one’s life. I will ask about younger days memories, spouses and children (if applicable), career, historical events and life advice. Find more examples of the questions I ask here.
60 minute filming time
The completed video will be approximately 45-60 minutes long
The two-in-one / couple life story:
If you would like to film two people together, additional filming time will be needed to document both life stories.
90 minute filming time
The completed video is approximately 60-90 minutes long.
I will do my best to keep our interview within the allotted time, but please note that an additional cost may be added if we go over the 60 minutes / 90 minutes.
LIFE STORY INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE
Can you tell me your name, age, and when were you born?
What is your very first memory of growing up?
What was your childhood like?
- What did you do for fun as a kid?
- Did you ever get in trouble? What was it for?
- Did you have a pet?
- What were your hobbies growing up? Music, sports, etc.
- Favourite meal as a child?
- Favourite birthday present or memory?
- Did you enjoy school?
What was your mother/father’s profession?
What is your favourite memory of your father?
- Did you have any siblings?
6. What were your high school years like?
7. Did you experience any major historical events?
8. Did you attend college?
9. Are you married?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- Favourite quality about them?
- What marriage advice would you offer a newlywed?
10. Do you have any children?
- What was the best part of motherhood/fatherhood?
- How was being a parent different in your day compared to how it is today?
- Did/do you have any family traditions?
- Any parenting advice?
11. What was your profession?
- Did you enjoy it?
12. Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
13. What was the happiest moment of your life?
14. What is one of the hardest things you’ve had to face?
- How did you get through it?
- What is your greatest struggle right now?
15. What do you think younger people have to look forward to in their older years?
16. What is the coolest thing that has been invented in your lifetime?
17. What is one of your greatest accomplishments?
18. What do you know now, that you wish you would have known when you were younger?
19. Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy today?
20. Have you traveled at all?
21. How do you view people/the world differently, now that you’re older?
22. What is the definition of love?
23. If religion/spirituality/faith is a part of your life, would you like to share what it means to you?
24. If you could give any advice to future generations/your posterity, what would it be?
25. Do you have any other stories or experiences you would like to share?
* These are just some examples of questions that I may ask. Please let me know beforehand if there are any specific questions you would or would not like me to ask during the interview. You can also submit up to three personalised questions. Note that we might not get to all of the questions within the 60 minute filming period, but I will try my best to cover the most important milestones of the individual’s life. If you’re interested in a longer interview, there is an option to purchase more time.